J Thorn – Producer / Performer
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Jay Thorne Edmondson, aka J Thorn, is a life long musician, songwriter and performer as well as an accomplished producer and engineer. His credits include Juno winning reggae artist Elaine “Lil Bit” Shepherd, Lil Precious, Indelible, Conspirituality, Jahranimo, Moka Only, Kanabliss, The Matinee, Free City Collective and many, many more. While usually staying busy recording and producing a large cross-section of Vancouver’s indie artists, J Thorn has spent most of the past few months preparing a long awaited release for his Hip Hop group INDELIBLE’s debut full length album “Our Present Future”. The album has just been dropped and the buzz has been great. Their lead single “Gets Me High” featuring Blaming Taylor has begun to receive airplay on commercial Hot AC and Top 40 stations in Canada and is being received with tons of excitement from listeners and DJs. The video has also just began rotation on Much Music and has been posted and shared on several industry websites. The single also won First Place in the Indie International Songwriting Contest for the Pop category this September.
J Thorn is available for all production related services at, or away from, his Port Moody based Paranoyd Sound Studios.
- Owner and founder of Paranoyd Records Inc. and Paranoyd Sound Studios near Vancouver, BC, Canada.
- Member of INDELIBLE, Vancity’s newest Hip Hop heavyweights. J Thorn’s brother illucid is his partner in this duo.
- First Place Winner in the Indie International Songwriting Contest for the Pop category.
- First Place Winner in the 100% Music Songwriting Contest in the Hip Hop category.
- Semi-finalist in the International Songwriting Competition.
- 11 years of production experience in multiple genres.
- Royal Conservatory of Music classically trained pianist.
- Producer of over 200 instrumental backing tracks in various genres.
- Engineering and or production experience on over 2000 songs with over 200 artists.